|CAF (Chemical Absorbing Foam) foam
is produced from an Aminoplastic resin. The major advantage of this
white coloured foam is its capacity to rapidly absorb hydrocarbons.
The tank residuals sweating from the tank walls will be absorbed
and fixed by the foam following injection, eliminating all risks
to the environment. Once hardened, the foam takes a stable and durable
|Traditionally underground storage tanks
were neutralised with concrete. Water filling was used when the
tank is temporarily put out of service. These materials are not
only expensive and complicated to apply but also they are not environmentally
Water mixes with the remaining hydrocarbons and sludge, forming
a hazardous substance which requires treatment when removed. Long
term presence of water in a tank will accelerate corrosion and
create environmental danger.
It is almost impossible to entirely fill a tank with concrete.
Empty pockets will often remain "live". When the tanks
rust away - you then have an environmental problem to deal with.
The weight of a concrete tank represents a serious problem. A
10, 000 litre tank with concrete weighs about 27 tons! There
is a real danger that the tank will sink into the ground causing
Excavating a tank neutralised with concrete is a very costly
operation. Four or five solid concrete blocks in the ground will
seriously jeopardise the property's value.
1. RG22 Bacel Hardfoam is non-toxic and environmentally sound.
2. During the injection, the foam absorbs all hydrocarbon residues
present in the tank.
3. No need to de-gas the tank...just bottom out.
4. No need to remove the tank lid...just allow access to the
5. The foam injection process is quick...most sites are completed
in one day.
6. After hardening, the foam remains durable with a lifetime of
over 150 years.
7. The foam weighs only 25 Kg per 1000 litres.
8. Excavating a foam-filled tank is not a problem.
9. The use of an inhibitor in the foam protects the tank internal
walls from corrosion.